Parks in Tenerife
Tenerife is characterised by a pleasant, subtropical climate, ideal for seaside tourism all year round, even in winter. This climate contributed to the development of rare autochthonous flora. Many natural and theme parks have been created over the years thanks to its peculiar climate and its wonderful landscape.
The best parks in the world
Tenerife is home to many parks and natural reserves, theme parks, adventure parks and botanical gardens. Most of these are classified as the best and most interesting parks in the world.
- Anaga Natural Park
- Teide National Park
- Siam Park
- Puerto de la Cruz Botanic Gardens
- Loro Parque
- Las Aguilas jungle park
- Parque Maritimo César Manrique
- Parque Taoro
- Aloe Park Tenerife
- Tenerife zoo Monkey Park
- Parque de la Vega
- El Drago
- Forestal Park Tenerife
- Aqualand Costa Adeje
- Parque Garcia Sanabria
- Sito Litre Garden
Parks to visit in Tenerife
Here are some parks which are highly recommended for those who want to admire natural landscapes
- Teide National Park: this wonderful park is the highest part of the island and is dominated by Mount Teide, the highest peak in Spain. It was instituted in 1954, becoming the biggest and oldest national park of the Canary Islands. It covers a surface of 18,990 hectares.
The most visited park in Europe and one of the most visited in the world is definitely worth a visit. As it is part of a protected area, the number of visitors is limited to a fixed quota.
Puerto de la Cruz Botanic Gardens or Jardín de Aclimatación de La Orotava is a wonderful botanic garden. Its official name is due to the fact that during the period of its foundation in 1788, the territory of Puerto de la Cruz was part of the municipality of La Orotava and was called Puerto de la Orotava. The garden houses interesting collections of tropical and subtropical plants, in particular palms, bromeliads, cycads, aroids and Moraceae.
- Palmeto: the Palmetum de Santa Cruz de Tenerife is a twelve-hectare botanic garden dedicated to the botanic family of palms. It is located in Santa Cruz de Tenerife and houses the biggest collection of palms in Europe and an ethnographic museum of palms.
- Taoro Park. It is located on the mountain after which it is named. Here you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view over the town of Puerto de la Cru. It covers an area of 100,000 m2 of gardens, pathways, viewpoints, waterfalls and fountains. There is also a park for children and a kiosk with a restaurant, a bar and a terrace. Taoro Park is made up of three main areas: La Atalaya, the Camino de la Sortija and Taoro Gardens. In La Atalaya you will find the viewpoint of Dulce Maria Loynas. The area of La Sortija is attended by sport lovers. In Taoro Park you will find Grand Hotel Taoro and the Anglican Church. Grand Hotel Taoro was inaugurated in 1890 and was one of the most important of the island.
- Aloe Park Tenerife: This park was realized in the 1980s when Don Luciano Reverón invited his friend to admire his estate near Arona to show them its collection of autochthonous plants. Today the estate is a wonderful park where you can see banana trees, aloes and colourful parrots. The park includes a museum of vintage farming tools.
- El Drago: the legendary El Drago de Icod de los Vinos is located in the northern part of Tenerife. It is a Dracaena draco, endemic of the Canary Islands, a plant with the shape of an overturned umbrella, belonging to the family of the Agavaceae which can reach 20 meters of height. It grows really slowly: it may take decades to grow a metre. According to some experts, the specimen in Parque de Icod de los Vinos is 3,000 years old.
Parks for Children in Tenerife
Surrounded by lush nature, Loro Parque is in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Even if it is dedicated to parrots, it is home to other animals.
Forestal Park is in Las Lagunetas, in the municipality of El Rosario, inside Teide National Park. It is a beautiful adventure park surrounded by a pine forest and is open all year round.
Entertainment parks in Tenerife
Jungle Park is one of the most beautiful zoos in Europe where your children will have great fun. It is three minutes away from Los Cristianos and open all year round. There are many attractions, animal shows, and parrot shows held in its spectacular location as the park is surrounded by 75,000 m2 of tropical jungle with lakes, bridges and waterfalls.
Monkey Park is 5 minutes from Los Cristianos and 10 minutes from Playa de Las Américas. It is a zoological park offering a lot of attractions, open all year round and loved by children of all ages.
Water parks in Tenerife
Tenerife houses the best waterpark in the world.
Aqualand Costa Adeje is close to Los Cristianos and Las Américas. You will find a lot of attractions and many shows such as the popular dolphin show. Boomerang is one of the main attractions.
Siam Park is a huge waterpark with a Thai Theme easy to reach from any points of the island. In one of the best theme parks in the world you will find different types of slides beaches, green areas and pools. Some of its attractions are literally breath-taking. You will also find a reproduction of a Thai floating market.
Parks and Hotels in Tenerife
You can choose from a wide range of accommodation facilities if you want to stay close to one of the parks.
Dream View in Adeje, Gran Tenerife and Hotel Club Bonanza are respectively 1 kilometre, 600 metres and 400 metres from Siam Park.
Close to Loro Parque you will find Hotel Trovador (less than 1 km away), hotel Catalonia Las Vegas and Turquesa Playa.
Opening Times and tickets
Every park is well connected to the main holiday areas.
Siam Park. Ticket prices: adults 37 euros, children 27 euros. The park offers a free transfer service. Take one of the popular blue buses which link Siam Park to the main tourist destinations. The park is open every day from 10 am to 5 pm during the winter and from 10 am until 6 pm in summer.
Loro Parque. Ticket prices: adults 37 euros, children 27 euros. From Puerto de la Cruz a free train leads to the park, which is open every day from 8.30 am to 18.45 pm
Aqualand. Ticket prices: adults 28 euros, children 20 euros.
Jungle Park. Ticket prices: adults 27 euros, children 19 euros. The park offers a free bus shuttle service.
We recommend that you check the website of the park you are interested in visiting while planning your holiday. There are often interesting offers.
There are also public transport lines to the parks and hotels often offer his type of service. If you want to be more independent, rent a car and move around freely