Tour Tenerife the Best SPA Resort in Tenerife
Those who spend their holidays in Tenerife immediately realize that this island is a huge open air spa resort.
The wonderfully mild climate, the crystal-clear waters, the gorgeous and lush nature, can transform a vacation period into a therapeutic holiday enhancing the health of your body and mind. These natural characteristics are exploited by the numerous wellness centres and high-level spa resorts. In this article we are going to help you find the best spa resorts in Tenerife.
The best resorts with spa in Tenerife
On this island you will find many wellness centres which offer their guests innovative and high-standard treatments such as thalassotherapy (using the sea water as the principal ingredient of its treatments), geotherapy (the application of warm volcanic clay on the skin) and many others.
Here you will find a selection of the best spa resorts on the island with a brief description.
- Royal Hideaway Corales Suites: this wonderful luxury resort is in Adeje, in the locality called La Caleta. It was designed by a famous architect, Leonardo Omar, and it has the shape of a typical ship of the Canary Islands. It offers an enchanting view across the ocean and excellent services. In the spa and wellness centre of the hotel you can enjoy body and face treatments which are good both for the body and the spirit. The Hydrotherapy circuit is excellent. The spa includes a Turkish Bath, indoor and outdoor pools with cool and warm water, hydromassage, sauna and much more.
- Royal Hideaway Corales Suites Adults Only: this magnificent hotel has got some areas which are reserved for people who are more than 16 years old. With its private wellness centre, spa and gym area, this hotel is reserved for adult clients only. We recommend it if you want to spend a relaxing holiday and to take care of your body and mind in a peaceful environment. It is ideal for a romantic holiday too!
- Jardines de Nivaria- Adrian Hotels: This hotel is located on the Adele coastline, by the sea, and offers you the chance to enjoy a luxurious environment and to relax surrounded by a wonderful marine environment. Its spa, which has been recently inaugurated, has been designed following the most innovative principles and can offer you a unique wellness experience. Natural elements such as the sun, rocks and water, are perfectly mixed with the most modern architectural elements. The thermal circuit becomes part of the natural environment, with water coming straight from the rocks. It ends with showers at different temperatures, a sauna, and Turkish baths. Upstairs there are six bathing huts where you are offered different treatments, from massages to solarium, surrounded by the typical vegetation of the Canary Islands.
- Iberostar Grand Salome: located in Adeje, this five-star hotel is for adults only. It is situated in a dominant and peaceful position which makes it the perfect destination for those who want to make peace with themselves and absorb new energy. Its spa covers a surface of 1000 m2 and offers its guests more than 20 treatments such as aromatherapy, oriental massages and wine therapy. The hydrotherapy circuit is very interesting as it includes a thermal circuit, a Finnish sauna, a heated pool, a sensational shower, waterfalls, an active pool and a relaxation area.
These are only a few examples of the great variety of hotels with spa that you can find in Tenerife.
Here you will find ten of the most voted resorts on travel platforms such as Tripadvisor:
- Vincci Selccion La Plantacion del Sur: this hotel is located in Costa Adeje, close to Playa del Duque. Its colonial building houses an excellent spa and offers high-standard services. Look for one of the many offers for those who want to spend a longer period of time. This hotel guarantees you an excellent quality-price ratio.
- Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort and Spa: Located in Guia de Isora, in the municipality of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, this hotel faces the ocean. Its spa is run by the Clinians Laboratories, which organise its activities and are responsible for the treatments. The thermal circuit includes a sauna, a Chromotherapy steam bath, hydromassage, Chromotherapic showers, double temperature feet baths, a shower for thermal shock, and a zen meditation area.
- RedLevel at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora: this hotel, located in a privileged area, is reserved to adult clients. It is more expensive than a normal package holiday, but it is worth it!
- Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife is in Adeje too. It offers an elegant and peaceful atmosphere. In its wellness area you can get different massages, face treatments, anticellulite treatments, detox and algae treatments, together with manicure, pedicure and epilation. This facility includes bathing huts for the treatments, a gym, a Whirlpool bath and a sauna.
- Hotel Riu Arecas: located in Costa Adeje and linked to Riu Palace, this hotel offers the same wellness services, but it is reserved to adults.
- Bercelo Santiago: This hotel is situated in Santiago del Teide, from where you can have a wonderful view of the La Gomera and the cliffs of Los Gigantes. It is only 200 metres far from the closest beach. You can enjoy its wonderful spa and wellness area as well as its pools with different water temperatures.
- Green Garden Resorts and Suites: this wonderful resort is close to Playa de Las Americas. It has no age restrictions and houses an excellent spa with beauty centre, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi and offers many different beauty treatments.
- GF Isabel. It is situated on Costa Adeje, 600 meters far from the sea and it is opened also to families with children. It offers three pools and a wellness centre with a gym.
- Royal Garden Villas. The last hotel of this top ten chart is in Adeje and offers a wellness area in neoclassical style with a complete spa circuit with Jacuzzi, Hydromassage showers, Turkish Bath, waterfalls, ice fountain and water beds, together with different massages and beauty treatments.
If you want to spend a holiday dedicated to your wellbeing, Tenerife offers you a great variety of attractions to choose from.
Here you will find other resorts:
Resort by the sea
There is a great variety of resorts to choose from but we recommend: Barcelo Santiago
- Iberorstar Grand Salome: one of the best
- The Ritz-Carlton, Abama: one of the best resorts for quality-price ratio among its category. It is in Guia de ISora, in the municipality of Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Bahia del Duque Resort, on Costa Adeje: it offers many types of accommodation with excellent services. It offers a wonderful Thalassotherapy circuit, surrounded by a natural and lush landscape.
- Gran Tacande Wellness and Relax Costa Adeje. it is on the beach, conceived to offer relaxation and wellbeing, in particular with its Thalasso Spa and Wellness Centre
- Iberostar Selection Anthelia : In Costa Adeje, in front of Fañabé beach, this hotel is perfect for families. It has a pool for adults, one for children and a high-quality spa.
- Sheraton La Caleta Resort and Spa in Adeje, is a hotel by the sea which offers a spa area with a 1800 m2 thermal circuit.
- Palm Beach Tenerife in Costa Adeje, in Playa de Las Americas offers packages both for families and couples.
Resorts with spa and Gym
Practically all of them, in fact! But here are a few we recommend in particular: Bahia Principe Sunlight Costa Adeje, includes an outdoor-urban style gym. Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club by Diamond Resorts, in Santa Cruz de Tenerife: it has a fitness centre with access reserved for over-18s.
Bahia Principe Sunlight San Felipe in Puerto La Cruz with a wonderful view of Mount Teide, pools, spa, minigolf course and fitness equipment.
Resorts recommended for couples
All the hotels reserved for adults are ideal for couples looking for a romantic and relaxing holiday.
Big Sur in Los Cristianos is specialized in holidays for adults:
- H10 Conquistador;
- The Ritz Carlton Abama;
- Gran Tacande Wellness & Relax Costa Adeje;
Which spa resorts in Tenerife have a pool for adults?
In addition to the hotels we've recommended for couples, the RedLevel at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora is definitely worth considering.
The most luxurious resorts in Tenerife
Let's finish our round-up with the best of the best. These hotels, which we have already described above, are definitely the most luxurious and offer an excellent level of service:
- The Ritz Carlton Abama;
- Bahia del Duque;
- Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa;
Are you ready to indulge in an invigorating holiday?
Are you planning your holiday in Tenerife? Fill out the form to be contacted!